In the event of bad weather when placed in your host school, trainees should adhere to the individual school’s snow and bad weather procedure. Please make sure that you have a copy of this and are fully aware of the means of communication.
If the bad weather is on a Core Training day we shall endeavour to make any decisions on the closure of the training centre by 8am.
The decision to close the centre will depend on:
- A sufficient number of staff are unable to come in to keep the centre running safely.
- Conditions on site are dangerous
- Conditions are considered to be or are anticipated to later become too hazardous for travel
In the event of closure, we will:
- Send a group text to all trainees for which we have a mobile number.
- Update the PLSCITT Twitter feed – @PLSCITT
- Update the PLSCITT Website – www.plscitt.org.uk
In the event of heavy snow fall or adverse weather during the day that causes us to be concerned about trainee’s welfare in relation to returning home, we will send trainees home.
It is always difficult to make the right decision due to the unpredictability of the weather, we will aim to do this as swiftly as we can. Please rest assured that any decisions taken will be based around ensuring that trainees are kept as safe as possible.
Staff will always make every reasonable effort to undertake the journey to the centre. It is appreciated that the journey may take longer than normal and therefore some staff may not be able to arrive before the normal start of the school day.
PLSCITT appreciates that during bad weather trainees may arrive later than normal; trainees should endeavour to contact the centre to let them know they are on their way if likely to be delayed.